There are plenty of reasons to study abroad. For most of the International student it is a combination of getting supreme quality education, experience different culture, gaining global mindset, learning new language and getting ready for global careers in the future. For few students studying abroad leaving behind the comfortable life is quite discouraging but studying abroad is an exciting challenge and it often leads in improvement of career options and it also gives a fair idea of the way the world works. Study abroad is an experience which would definitely make you a global citizen. These experiences which you gain hugely depends on which country you study, so you need to make sure that you pick a study destination based on your own interest as well as the academic reputation of that country. We often suggest students to look at any country in which they can gain exposure of the previous studies which they have gained before actually choosing to study abroad.
Choosing where in the world you wish to study is not always an easy task. You need to choose any country in which you can balance two major things – Firstly, You need to choose the country of your personal interest, Secondly, You should also think practically if that country does fit as per your requirements such as the type of studies you already did, the future of the studies which you shall gain after your finish your studies (Career Prospects – Is there a good job market?, the cost of the studies (both Tuition Fees and Living costs), and Finally, You should also look at the overall safety and security along welfare. Most popular study destinations to study abroad are USA, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and Ireland. Few non English speaking study destinations which are also very popular among Indian students are Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Denmark and Sweden.
Once you’ve made up your mind about where you want to study, you should start to think about choosing the right program and perfect university. You’ll then want to look closely at the courses offered by that University which is really closely with your career prospective. You now need to collect all your documents at one place to then start the applications to your chosen university, these documents may include: All Academics (including transcripts), Passport, Letter of Recommendations (LOR’s), Statement of purpose (SOP) / Motivation letter, Detailed Resume, Test Scores (IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE/ GRE/ GMAT/ SAT/ ACT etc. - If you have given your tests, if you don’t have test scores start preparing for these tests immediately) , you can get in touch with any of our expert staff to help you in preparing correctly with all the documents and test preparations.
The Course duration will depend on the program and level of degree you’re undertaking. Most of the Undergraduate degrees would take three or four years of full-time study (For Example, in UK the Undergraduate studies are of 3 years where as in USA, the duration of undergraduate degree is of 4 years, while a graduate degree such as master’s degree or equivalent will take one or two years. A doctoral (Phd) program will usually takes three to four years.
Applying as early as possible is the best way to go. Ultimately, the early you receive the offers from your dream university, the sooner you can start with the next step towards your travels. To avoid last moment disappointments, it is always suggested to start applying early. You need to also consider that there are application deadlines with most of the universities. Mark those deadlines in your calendar to avoid such situation. Application deadlines will be different depending on the school, but, for programs starting in the fall (September/October), applications will generally be open from early in the year (January/February) until the middle of the year (June/July). You have to arrange all the pre requisites such as LOR’s, SOP, Transcripts, Test scores etc., beforehand.
Entry requirements vary widely between universities and between countries. Generally, however, if you are applying for an undergraduate degree you will be asked to show that you have completed your secondary education to a standard that is in line with the required grades (e.g. your GPA, A-level grades or equivalent) for the program you’re applying to. For non-native English speakers wanting to study in English-speaking countries, it is also highly likely that you’ll need to provide proof of your English-language proficiency by taking an English-language test such as TOEFL or IELTS or PTE. Similar tests may be required for those studying in other languages. If you are applying for a graduate degree you will be asked to show that you have completed your degree which meets the standard set by the university. To Applying for graduate degree you may also asked to write GRE (Graduate Record Exam).
There are no such dates to start the process, but as suggested earlier, it is better to start the application beforehand, to avoid disappointments. Many Universities shall be having a set deadline to apply, few universities might even have a less quota for international students, so to avoid these situations, it is always recommended to start the applications ASAP.
You may be asked to provide some supporting documentation as part of your application. Once again, requirements vary depending on the country and university, but international students are often asked to provide the following: Passport A statement of purpose (SOP) CV/Resume Academic references/ letters of recommendation (LOR’s) Certificate and transcripts of your secondary education Proof of English-language proficiency (e.g. a TOEFL/IELTS certificate, for schools in English-speaking countries), or other language test Admissions test results (e.g. GMAT/GRE results, for graduate programs)
This depends on the country you wish to study in, and the language your course will be taught in. If you’re not a native English speaker but wish to study a course taught in English, you will have to prove you can speak the language to a fairly high level, by providing English-language test results such as IELTS or TOEFL or PTE. This is to ensure you will be able to follow your course without any comprehension problems. English is also used as a language of instruction in a number of other countries worldwide, particularly for graduate programs and business degrees. If you need to prove your proficiency in a language other than English, there are also similar tests in other languages, such as the DELF/DALF and TCF-DAP (French) or the DSF and TestDaF (German) or JLPT and J-Test (Japanese) or TOPIK (Korean).
As a prospective international student, it is relatively unlikely for schools to expect you to attend an admissions interview in person, thus some universities hold international interviews in various locations around the world, so you may be expected to attend one of these. There is also a growing trend of using video interviewing. This is like any other interview, with a prearranged time and date, but will take place online, via an application such as Zoom, Meet or Skype. Few Universities who holds Indian office would also take telephonic interview.
Congratulations !! This is the very first yet important stage of your study abroad journey. Once you receive the offer letter make sure you read it well and follow the instructions given on that. Many times you will receive a conditional offer from the university, try to eliminate the conditions as soon as it is possible to get unconditional offers. You also now need to accept the offer and start preparing for student visa. In few countries you have to apply for student visa at the embassy by your own and in some countries your universities shall apply for your student visa. Once your unconditional offer is ready, you need to start applying for Education Loan, as it takes almost 3/6 weeks to get the education loan sanctioned; it is advisable to start the education loan procedure with the help of conditional offer letter itself.
Student visas are a big question for those who want to know how to study abroad, though not all international students will need one. If you’re an EU citizen planning to study in another EU country, for instance, you don’t need a visa. However, as a thumb rule, if you come from outside of your chosen country’s geographical region/continent, you will probably need to apply for a student visa. In case of Indian students, Most of the popular study destinations such as USA, UK, Australia, Canada etc. would want you to apply for study visa, where as in European countries too Indian students would be required to get the student visa before they land.
It is always advisable to book the accommodations beforehand, but it is not compulsory. Few European countries would mandatorily ask for accommodation booking proof before applying for student visa. On other hand, countries such as USA, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland etc., would not require accommodation booking for applying for student visa.
The cost of studying abroad would depend on the average tuition fees for international student and the cost of living in that particular country. For your reference, the average tuition fees for international students studying in the UK start at £13,000 a year, with an additional £10,000 per year needed to cover living costs (with more needed if you study in London Approx. £12,000). In the US, the average yearly tuition fee is US$25,620 at public universities and $34,740 at private universities with an additional recommended budget of at least $12,000 to cover your living costs. In some European countries, there are no tuition fees at all. Notable examples include Germany, Italy and Norway.
Many International students face huge difficulties in finding education loans to fund their studies, there are a many funding opportunities available to make studying abroad more affordable, including scholarships, fellowships, studentships, sponsorships, grants and bursaries. Your chosen university is perhaps the best place to get funding information (Scholarships). Many scholarships are granted based on academic merit and are highly competitive.
Study abroad scholarships can be found in many places. You should research governmental schemes such as NOS (National Overseas Scholarship Scheme), state government schemes, Apart from that you can check with website of your chosen university, where you’ll find information on available scholarships with exact eligibilities and application process shall be mentioned.
This will depend on whether or not your student visa allows you to work. As an international student in most of the English speaking countries you are allowed to work part time during your studies and full time during scheduled holidays such as Christmas Break, Easter breaks and semester breaks. Often there’s a limit of 20 hours’ paid work per week during term time, with full-time work permitted during holidays. In few countries such as Singapore, UAE working part time is not allowed.
Finding accommodation is a very crucial part of your journey of studying abroad, primarily we suggest finding the in campus hostels (University accommodation). If your chosen university has readily available campus accommodation, it is likely that you will be able to apply for a place in these student halls. If this is not the case, you will need to find your own accommodation. If money is no object, you can consider renting your own flat, while those on a smaller budget can find shared accommodation with other students or use spare room listings found online. You can even find a host family to host you as a paying guest. These options are easily found online. You may connect with us if you want us to help you seek accommodation for you!! If you’re having problems in finding accommodation in United States, Get in touch with Future Counselors experts counselor on 80070 66990 for complete assistance.
I-20 form is a certificate of eligibility for International student status, issued by a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified school stating that a student has been admitted to a full-time study program and has also demonstrated sufficient financial means to stay in the United States. The form I-20 issued to international students has officially titled the 'Certificate of Eligibility' as it allows the candidate to apply for an F-1 or M-1 student visa at a US embassy in his home country. You need an I-20 form to apply for your student visa. I20 includes all your details such as your full name, DOB, and the details of the Institute/ University you are going to join and you’re SEVIS ID. I-20 form is also required to clear US immigration process. If you’re having problems understanding i-20, Get in touch with Future Counselors experts counselor on 80070 66990 for complete assistance.
CAS stands for 'Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies'. The CAS is an electronic record that the University produces for the Home Office, UK and it is required for your Student visa application. CAS letter is the confirmation of your seat at the university. CAS is issued after you’ve accepted an admission offer and have made the payment to lock your seat at the university. It contains information such as the student’s personal details, chosen program, duration of the program and a unique CAS number. You must have a CAS before applying for the UK Student Visa (Tier 4 General).
14-digit reference number for the CAS (Unique) Sponsor License Number (SLN) of the university where you intend to study Sponsor License Address Qualifications which helped you secure a place in the university Start and end dates of your course Passport number and your name on your passport Title of the course Tuition fees for the first year or the entire course. Any tuition fees that you have already paid to the university Any accommodation fees that you have already paid
This is a CAS number which is issued to those students who will be pursuing more than one course together at the same university or you can say a pathway program that starts with a Year one or Pre Masters and later converted to Bachelors or Masters course. Through a combined CAS number, students can apply for one visa which will permit them to stay in the UK till both their courses are complete. If you’re having problems determining which program in United Kingdom is ideal for you or confused with the process? Get in touch with Future Counselors experts counselor on 80070 66990 for complete assistance in securing admission to your selected university. Now is the best time to schedule a free consultation with us!